Animal Shelter Customer Service Representative I
Part Time (up to 19 hours)
Do you want to work at a place where you make a positive difference in the community? If so, the Olathe Animal Care & Control team is hiring for the position of customer service representative. This part-time position will be the first point of contact for the public and provides support for all services at the shelter. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, welcoming, detailed oriented, collaborative, and dedicated to promoting the best life for our shelter pets and the adopting community!
For more details, review the full job details and requirements below.
The Animal Care & Control Customer Servcie Rep I will be the first point of contact for assisting the public and providing support for all shelter services.
- Greets customers upon arrival with friendly and welcoming attitude.
- Provides public support, in person and by telephone, responds to issues and complaints, and explains departmental policies; including pet licensing, pet adoption, redemption, general ordinances, and other animal control related inquires.
- Maintains accuracy of animal database and associated records. Provides statistical reports for users.
- Assists with the adoption process, claims of animals, licensing fees, and other transactions while following cash handling processes and protocols.
- Assists with rabies/vaccination clinics, licensing drives in addition to donation programs and volunteer programs.
- Assists with the intake of animals from citizens.
- Assists with making surgery appointments and the intake of surgery animals.
- Assists Veterinary care team in the delivery of vaccination clinics and other needs as required.
- Collaborates and communicates with Animal Control officers on various matters.
- Collaborates and communicates with the shelter care team.
Experience: Previous experience in customer service and handling animals is preferred.
Education: A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
Licenses & Certifications: A valid driver's license and good driving record are required.