The City of Olathe is a dynamic and dedicated sports organization committed to promoting excellence in basketball. We are passionate about developing athletes, fostering teamwork, and instilling a love for the game. We believe in the power of basketball to shape individuals both on and off the court. We are seeking a motivated and experienced Basketball Official to join our team.
Pay range: $22.00-$27.00 per game.
Must be at least 14 years old to officiate.
For more details, review the full job details and requirements below.
- Officiate at sporting events, games, or competitions, to maintain standards of play and to ensure that game rules are observed.
- Inspect sporting equipment and/or examine participants in order to ensure compliance with event and safety regulations.
- Signal participants or other officials to make them aware of infractions or to otherwise regulate play or competition.
- Resolve claims of rule infractions or complaints by participants and assess any necessary penalties, according to regulations.
- Teach and explain the rules and regulations governing a specific sport.
- Confer with other sporting officials, coaches, players, and facility managers in order to provide information, coordinate activities, and discuss problems.
Experience & Qualifications Guidelines: Any combination of experience and education that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is acceptable. A typical way to obtain the knowledge, skills and abilities would be:
Experience: Six months to one year related experience.
Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D.