Crime Intelligence Analyst
Do you love searching for patterns, similarities, and correlations? Do you have a desire to work with your community and others to prevent, reduce, and solve crime? If so, then we want you! The Olathe Police Department is looking for a highly motivated, innovative, and research driven individual to join our Crime Intelligence Analyst Team!
This position is full time and eligible for health benefits. As a crime analyst, you would be enrolled into the KPERS retirement system and would be eligible for 8 weeks Paid Parental Leave, among other city offered benefits.
Salary Range: $ 61,500 - $80,215
- Conduct complex and sensitive tactical, strategic, administrative intelligence analysis and performance analysis for the department.
- Produce detailed analytical reports for various divisions, individuals, and external agencies.
- Prepare and deliver intelligence and performance analysis related presentations to the Police Department work groups, City departments and the public.
- Provide analytical support for criminal investigations and other special projects as needed.
- Collaborate with regional and metro agencies to share information about crimes and area crime trend data.
- Maintain the citywide performance management software system for the police department.
Experience and Education Guidelines Any combination of experience and education that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is acceptable. A typical way to obtain the knowledge, skills and abilities would be:
1. Four years of increasingly responsible and professional analytical experience in the area of criminal justice. Knowledge of Federal, State, and Local Law
2. Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in criminal justice, psychology, information technology/computer science, mathematics, sociology, or related field required.
3. Possession of or ability to obtain a valid driver's license
4. Knowledge of and/or ability to become proficient in Records Management Systems (NICHE RMS), Lexis-Nexis, REJIS, COPLINK, Openfox, and other progressive crime analyst software tools.
5. Successfully pass or have the requirements required to maintain a professional and mutual partnership with the Kansas Intelligence Fusion Center within 1 year of employment
1. Prior experience in law enforcement is preferred
2. Knowledge of Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) and Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
Analysts primarily perform work in an office environment. Frequent exposure to computer screens and other electronic equipment can be expected. May be required to work in day-night conditions, endure sustained acts of physical exhaustion and periods of duty under unfavorable conditions.
For more details, review the full job details and requirements below.