Customer Service Rep II
Part Time (up to 19 hours)
Please note, this is a permanent, year-round, part-time (up to 19 hours per week), entry-level position that starts at $16.17 per hour.
The City of Olathe is seeking a highly motivated customer service focused individual with excellent communication skills to fill our Customer Service Representative II position.
The successful candidate will have a history of providing outstanding customer service. They will demonstrate enthusiasm for OPL's customer experience philosophy and supporting pillars to Greet, Give and Guide. The candidate should possess a spirit of curiosity, infectious enthusiasm and bring a sense of discovery to work each day.
The Customer Services Representative II will embrace the concepts of team and collaboration. The successful candidate will participate and collaborate with the Customer Services Team to ensure all aspects of the overall customer experience is exceptional systemwide. The Customer Services Representative II serves as a contact point for customers using the library, ensuring a positive customer experience by determining customer needs, analyzing, and solving problems, and directing customers to appropriate staff and resources.
Looking for someone that is interested in working evenings and weekends.
For more details, review the full job details and requirements below.
- Ability to provide efficient, courteous public service to a diverse customer population of all ages and to present a positive image of the library in attitude, appearance, and performance of duties
- Ability to work a rotating schedule at various customer service points such as the Welcome Desk, Teen Desk, Children's Desk, Curbside Pickup, Phones, Roaming & Library Lockers.
- Ensure alignment between Library practices and Customer Experience goals and objectives.
- Foster a "customer first" culture that values creativity and innovation in service delivery.
- Educate customers on Library equipment, materials, resources, and policies.
- Collaborate with volunteers, co-workers, and leaders to provide service in accordance with Customer Experience principals and Leadership Philosophy.
- Recognize the need to elevate a request to the appropriate team member.
- Troubleshoot equipment/building problems and reports to the appropriate staff or acts as necessary.
- Perform computer functions, which require a high degree of skill and specialization.
- Operate a PC, relevant computer software, video game consoles, and other technology devices.
- Able to maintain confidentiality in all customer and staff interactions.
- Navigate customer account issues in accordance with Customer Experience principles.
- Performs clerical duties such as processing transfers, holds and discharging materials.
- Utilize office equipment such as copy machines, computers, fax machines, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written, and to use effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to think quickly, maintain self-control, and adapt to stressful situations.
- Other duties as required.
Experience and Education Guidelines Any combination of experience and education that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is acceptable.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year customer service experience.
- One year of college education, technical training, or equivalent education.
- Library work experience.