Finance Operations Supervisor
Hiring Range: $61,637 - $78,279 annually
The City of Olathe is "Setting the Standard for Excellence in Public Service," both for our residents and employees. It's at the core of our Vision, Values, and Mission. It's the basis for our organizational culture. We're looking for employees who share our values of integrity, learning, customer service, and more. As one of the fastest growing cities in the region, we strive to find innovative, engaged employees who are excited to help shape the future of our great City.
The City of Olathe has an excellent benefit package including 8 weeks of Paid Parental leave.
For more details, review the full job details and requirements below.
The Finance Operations Supervisor manages the daily f inancial o perations of the Financ i al Services Division within the Economy Focus Area , including accounts payable and payroll . This position s upervise s the daily operations and duties of Accountant I positions , including oversight and review of payroll and accounts payable processing .
- Supervise all duties of the Accountant I staff in the Financial Services division.
- Complete reoccurring assigned reconciliations to support the Financial Services division.
- Serve as temporary backup for Accountant I team to ensure timely completion of essential functions including Accounts Payable and Payroll.
- Provide leadership, management, and oversight of accounts payable and payroll functions to optimize efficiencies and enhance services.
- Develop and implement goals, objectives, and procedures related to financial operations.
- Ensure compliance with City regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Coach, lead, motivate, develop, and evaluate assigned personnel.
- Assist in maintenance and configuration of Workday ERP for Financial Operations.
- Assist in training and change management of Financial Operations.
Experience: Five to seven years of progressively responsible related experience, including 2 years supervisory responsibility is required. Knowledge of governmental accounting and Workday ERP is preferred.
Education: A Bachelor's degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university with major course work in accounting, public administration, or related field is required. Extensive work experience in local government can substitute for degree. Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.