Intern (Fixed Term) (Trainee)
For more details, review the full job details and requirements below.
Hiring Rate: $15.00 hourly
This position is expected to not exceed a service of 6 months, the person in this role will be working Mon-Fri 8:00am-5:00pm.
The IT Intern role is responsible for answering, commenting and replying to inquiries in assistance to the Help Desk. The responsibility of this role will also include, but not be limited to: installation of software, resolving hardware issues, troubleshooting issues, performing system upgrades, serve as a backup for audio/visual needs and many other technology tasks as assigned.
- Assist in day-to-day operation with the Help Desk and Desktop Support Teams.
- Document problem tickets, log resolutions, and assign to the appropriate IT staff members as required.
- Provide updates on software installation, utilities, and provide customer service to city staff.
- Ability to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Assign users and computers to proper groups in Active Directory.
- Assist with onboarding of new users.
- Effectively, professionally, and respectfully represents Information Technology and their services to the customer.
- Communicate ideas for improving company processes with a positive and constructive attitude.
What You Need:
Experience & Education:
- Experience with Windows Operating Systems (7 and 10); MS Office Suite of products specifically Outlook, Skype, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint within Office 365 preferred.
- Ability to communicate problems with supervisors as they become known.
- Must maintain confidentiality and have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to research computer issues and comprehend directions therein in order to remedy technical issues.
- Must be available to work Monday through Friday 8am-5pm.
- Credits towards degree with emphasis towards Information Technology
REQUIREMENTS: Must pass a Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS) clearance, security access clearance, background check, and pre-employment physical and drug screen. Must have a favorable driving record.