Intern (Fixed Term) (Trainee)
Hiring Rate: $15.00 hourly
This position is expected to not exceed a service of 6 months, the person in this role will be working Mon-Fri 8:00am-5:00pm.
The IT Intern role is responsible for answering, commenting and replying to inquiries in assistance to the Help Desk. The responsibility of this role will also include, but not be limited to: installation of software, resolving hardware issues, troubleshooting issues, performing system upgrades, serve as a backup for audio/visual needs and many other technology tasks as assigned.
For more details, review the full job details and requirements below.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft's core business applications and operating systems.
- Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications, and respond accordingly through service tickets.
- System documentation maintenance and review in Service Desk Solutions.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages.
- Accept cases from the support queue.
- Remotely assist clients with support needs.
- Clearly communicate status on problems as well as resolution.
- Exceed SLA guarantees to City of Olathe Employee's.
- Clearly document all tasks.
- Maintain high customer satisfaction.
Computer Repair and Maintenance:
- Virus/Malware issues.
- Network scanning/printers.
- Desktop application and operating system management; Installation, Configuration and Troubleshooting.
- Network connectivity: Wired, Wireless and DHCP.
- Smartphone management: Microsoft Active sync and iPhone, iPad, Android systems.
- End user email management: Email bounce back troubleshooting, SPAM services, Webmail.
- User management: Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange, Create distribution lists, Network file permissions and Add Move Change.
- Backups: Management of customer backup software, Remote Backup Solution, Local Backup Solutions, Restore files.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction.
- Fast turnaround of customer requests.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Work with the Service Desk Lead to ensure requests are routed to the proper resource in order to be resolved quickly and efficiently.
- Escalate service requests that require engineer level support.
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in Service Desk Software as it occurs.
- Understand processes in Service Desk Solutions and completing assigned training materials on Olathe University.
- Enter all work as service tickets into Service Desk.
Experience and Education Guidelines:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- One Year of Technical Support Experience or active pursuit of a two-year degree in an IT Related Field of Study.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment.
- Troubleshooting fundamentals: Ability to break problems down and use a logical process of elimination.
- Ability to follow complex detailed instructions to accomplish more complex tasks. Example: Desktop Deployment Guide.
Supervises by: Service Desk Manager/Supervisor.