Library Page (PTNB)
Part Time (up to 19 hours)
The Olathe Public Library is actively seeking a Library Page. In this role you would be responsible for emptying materials returns, working with the automated materials handler, shelving library materials, and keeping library shelves neat, tidy and in order. This is a permanent, year-round, part-time up to (19), hours entry-level position that starts at $13.97 per hour. Flexibility in scheduling is strongly preferred. Weekends are required.
For more details, review the full job details and requirements below.
- Provide outstanding customer experience.
- Embrace the concepts of team and collaboration .
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for OPL's customer experience philosophy and supporting pillars Greet, Give and Guide.
- Assist customers in the general location of library equipment and materials.
- Participate in library staff meetings .
- Shelve library collection. Maintaining shelves in orderly, accurate and pristine condition.
- Visual ly m erchandise library collection .
- Ensure accuracy of collection by shelf-reading each shift.
- Establish and maintain supportive working relationships with co-workers and other library divisions.
- Maintain dependable personal attendance and punctuality based on a commitment to the needs of the library.
- The Page position assists in maintaining the Library collection by identifying and solving problems with Library materials, performing cleaning of Library materials , and pulling materials in poor condition from the shelves.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assist with closing procedures.
- Assist collection librarians in library collection maintenance projects.
- In addition to processing incoming and outgoing delivery, Page staff are responsible for checking in and sorting returned materials.
Experience and Education Guidelines: Any combination of experience and education that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is acceptable. A typical way to obtain the knowledge, skills and abilities would be:
- High School diploma or current enrollee.
- Minimum of 16 years of age.
- High School graduate (or equivalent) plus 1 year work experience.