Library Page (PTNB)
Part Time (up to 19 hours)
For more details, review the full job details and requirements below.
- Provide outstanding customer experience.
- Embrace the concepts of team and collaboration .
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for OPL's customer experience philosophy and supporting pillars Greet, Give and Guide.
- Assist customers in the general location of library equipment and materials.
- Participate in library staff meetings .
- Shelve library collection. Maintaining shelves in orderly, accurate and pristine condition.
- Visual ly m erchandise library collection .
- Ensure accuracy of collection by shelf-reading each shift.
- Establish and maintain supportive working relationships with co-workers and other library divisions.
- Maintain dependable personal attendance and punctuality based on a commitment to the needs of the library.
- The Page position assists in maintaining the Library collection by identifying and solving problems with Library materials, performing cleaning of Library materials , and pulling materials in poor condition from the shelves.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assist with closing procedures.
- Assist collection librarians in library collection maintenance projects.
- In addition to processing incoming and outgoing delivery, Page staff are responsible for checking in and sorting returned materials.
Experience and Education Guidelines: Any combination of experience and education that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is acceptable. A typical way to obtain the knowledge, skills and abilities would be:
- High School diploma or current enrollee.
- Minimum of 16 years of age.
- High School graduate (or equivalent) plus 1 year work experience.