Material Handler / Forklift Operator
Description: We are searching for a Material Handler / Forklift Operator for our Lenexa, KS facility. Employees are the foundation of our company. As such we provided a heated working environment in the colder months and air conditioned in the hotter seasons. Friendly atmosphere and regular employee events - such as, cookouts, charitable walk/runs, and more - help us build our team!
For those that would like to join our crew, click on the 'Apply' button for consideration.
Material Handler / Forklift Operator - Position Summary
Operates forklift in and between departments. Collects and delivers a wide variety of materials while adhering to established safety procedures. Delivers materials to work areas as directed, stack material in storage areas and loads shipments in trailer. Loads and unloads material and goods from incoming and outgoing trucks.
. Requirements: Material Handler / Forklift Operator Essential Duties
- Maintain inventory accuracy, stocking, unloading, order pulling, and processing.
- Moves material to specified locations utilizing a variety of material handling equipment.
- Ensures that all shortages, scrap and returns are physically reconciled to stock and transactions are completed daily.
- Performs proper palletizing and packaging for safe transport.
- Assists with cycle-counting of raw and/or finished goods inventory
Material Handler / Forklift Operator Additional Position Information/Details:
- Must be dependable, accurate, customer focused, and possess a strong work ethic.
- Must be able to safely operate a variety of material handling equipment.
- Requires basic math skills.
- Requires strong interpersonal skills to support departmental and company goals.
- Must be able to effectively coordinate with others and work as a team member.
- Must be tolerant of differences, open to change, prioritize time, resources and goals.
- Consistently puts forth exceptional effort, works efficiently, and is able to keep up with assigned work load.
- Ability to motivate self to achieve the companys goals on safety, quality, productivity, and customer service.
- Ability to work any shift.
Education: HS Diploma or equivalent certification/work experience
Experience: Prefer six months experience working in a manufacturing or distribution environment.
Physical Demands: Must be able to lift 50 pounds