PAY RANGE: $21.66 TO $28.00/HOUR
The Parks Infrastructure team is currently recruiting for a Parks Craftsperson. Our team is responsible for servicing, maintaining, and repairing all structures within the City of Olathe's parks. If you're interested in a job that directly impacts the lives of Olathe citizens, this may be the job for you!
In this role, you will work with a team and independently as you maintain and repair a variety of facilities, equipment, and systems within the City's parks, trails, and bike lanes.
We're looking for someone who:
- Has a strong mechanical aptitude
- Can shift gears at a moment's notice as priorities change
- Is motivated and driven
- Takes pride in their work
Preferred candidates will hold a current Aquatic Facility Operator and/or Certified Playground Inspector certification.
Our Parks Infrastructure Crew enjoys:
- Great team atmosphere.
- Quality tools and equipment.
- CDL Training - We help set you up for success in obtaining your DL.
- Boot and Clothing Allowance.
- 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM, Monday through Friday
- Will participate in on-call rotation, being on-call one week every month
- Overtime will be required to participate in seasonal special events and assist in plowing snow
If selected for this position, you must successfully complete:
- Driving Record Review
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen
- Please include our work history or attach a resume in .doc or .pdf format when applying
- Job will be posted until filled
INTERNAL CANDIDATES: Please include your current position and contact information.
For more details, review the full job details and requirements below.
- Lead and participate in the work of staff responsible for maintaining and/or constructing parks structures and equipment.
- Train assigned employees in their areas of work in construction and/or maintenance methods, techniques and in the setup and use of equipment. Maintain a safe job site and work environment following all safety standards set forth by the City, County, State and Federal agencies.
- Verify the work of assigned employees for accuracy, proper work methods, techniques and compliance with applicable standards and specifications.
- Operate heavy machinery including mini excavator, skid steer loader, backhoe; drive a variety of vehicles including trucks, tractors, dump trucks with trailers, forklift.
- Interpret blueprints for maintenance and/or construction scheduling, cost estimating, material ordering for park development.
- Perform snow removal, overtime and other duties required.
Experience and Education Guidelines: Any combination of experience and education that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is acceptable. A typical way to obtain the knowledge, skills and abilities would be:
Experience : Four years of increasingly responsible experience in construction, including one year of supervisory or lead responsibility.
Education: High School diploma required.
Licenses and Certificates : Class A commercial driver's license within six months of employment. May require specialty certification in assigned area.
Supervised by: Parks Infrastructure Supervisor.
Supervises : Minimal supervision of supporting staff and will assume supervisor duties in the absence of the Park Construction Supervisor.