Intern (Fixed Term) (Trainee)
You ever wonder what a career in law enforcement would be like? We can answer that for you! We are looking for a police intern for the fall of 2023. As an intern you will learn about every division within the department and have the opportunity to answer your questions about a career in law enforcement while working alongside one of the best departments in the Johnson County area.
For more details, review the full job details and requirements below.
- Contribute to research and administrative projects for the Olathe Police Department.
- Participate in a mock interview.
- Participate in ride-alongs with police personnel.
- Job shadow personnel across various assignments in the Police Department.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Currently enrolled in a college internship course offering credits for completing a specified number of work hours in an internship, or be able to produce a college letter of intent indicating the student's eligibility for enrolling in such an internship course.
- Junior or Senior in college.
- High School diploma or GED.
- At least 18 years of age at the time of selection.
- No felony convictions ever.
- Valid driver's license with a satisfactory driving record along with transportation to and from work.