Position Title: Sales Representative (Forage & Light Vermeer Industrial Equipment)
Reports to: General Manager
Vermeer Great Plains 100% EMPLOYEE-OWNED COMPANY
An authorized distributor for Vermeer equipment in Kansas, Oklahoma, and Western Missouri with five branch locations across the region. A 100% employee-owned company, we provide dedicated sales, rentals, parts, and service support for customers in the tree care, landscaping, wood waste, organic recycling, underground construction, and mining industries.
SALES REPRESENTATIVE POSITION FUNCTION:
The Sales Representative will represent and promote the sales department operations in a courteous manner which insures customer confidence and maximum efficiency. Coordinate activities and cooperate with other departments. Sell company goods, parts, services at all times.
SALES REPRESENTATIVE ESSENTIAL PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be committed to and take a pro-active approach to our Company Mission, Vision and Values
- Call on customers and sell the companys products, parts and services.
- Sell new and used environmental equipment to new and existing customers
- Maintain sales department vehicles and office equipment
- Keep up to date with product information
- Keep updated on changes to manufacturers terms, discounts and special programs, sales, deliveries and new equipment arrival.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all factory finance plans.
- Maintain a safe and efficient working environment
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner.
- Extensive travel may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Measure of success determined by established company guidelines, including but not limited to the ability to perform the above mentioned duties, feedback from customers, ability to take guidance and direction from Manager professionally, and execute upon such feedback.
SALES REPRESENTATIVE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED
- College degree preferred
- Experience in sales in a similar industry preferred
- Familiarity with machines (Vermeer) strongly preferred
- A commitment to excellent customer service
- The ability to quickly build rapport with customers and suppliers
- Communicates professionally, respectfully and honestly at all times
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs, stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle, feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk and hear
- Regularly exposed to extreme weather elements, including wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold and extreme heat, moving mechanical parts and equipment, and noise level in working environment can be moderate to high
- Background check, pre-employment drug testing and clean driving record required
- Personal appearance must be neat, clean and professional
- Must be able to work overtime and/or weekends as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
FLSA status: Exempt
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give a general sense of responsibilities and expectations of position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.