Seasonal Housing Maintenance Worker
For more details, review the full job details and requirements below.
PAY RANGE: $18 TO $20/Hour
The City of Olathe is currently seeking Seasonal Maintenance Workers to assist our Housing Maintenance Team as they provide service to the Olathe Housing Authority and its residents.
These seasonal positions will last a maximum of six months. Work is conducted between the hours of 7:30 AM and 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
Seasonal employees will complete the following tasks:
- Clean, paint, and make repairs to vacant apartments or housing units
- Landscaping including mowing, using a weed-eater, cleaning out gutters, and other related tasks. to keep property neat and well-maintained.
- Change HVAC filters.
- Patching concrete, minor siding repairs, storm door replacement, wood-rot replacement, and other exterior repairs.
- Operates in a safe manner while performing labor on construction and maintenance projects, including pavement cutting, asphalt and concrete repairs.
- Assist in moving, disposing of, or installing appliances.
- Perform ceiling care including vent cleaning and light fixture, ceiling fans or light bulb replacement.
- Housekeeping duties including trash removal, vacuuming, dusting, etc. as needed.
- Use hand tools, power tools, plumbing and electrical equipment as needed.
- Assist with performing plain-view inspections and reporting deficiencies.
- Provide excellent customer service to clients, residents, tenants, and other City employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
This work will require you to:
- Always promote the values of the city.
- Wear provided personal protective equipment whenever required.
- Operate varied hand/power tools and construction equipment.
- Work in outside weather conditions.
- Be exposed to wet, cold, and/or humid conditions.
- Regularly stand, stoop, bend, walk, kneel, crouch, crawl, twist, reach, and grasp.
- Work on uneven or slick surfaces.
- Reach or lift above the shoulder and below the knee.
- Lift, carry, push, and pull materials, tools, and objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Perform work at heights including on ladders, roofs, in man-lifts, or scaffolding
- Climb and descend ladders.
- Be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, chemicals, or sanitary waste.
- Work independently and as part of a team depending on the task to be performed.
- Effectively communicate verbally and follow oral and/or written instruction.
- Work without the need for close supervision.
Experience: 1 to 2 years of housing or apartment maintenance
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
License or Certification: Must have a valid driver's license with a favorable driving record.
Schedule: Full and part-time positions available between the hours of 7:30AM & 4:00PM
Must pass a pre-employment background check, physical, and drug screen.
Seasonal positions can last up to maximum of six months
Pay Rate: $18 to $20/hour