Sheet Metal Fabricator / Press Operator
Description: Sheet Metal Fabricator / Press Operator Position Summary:
Programs, set up, and operate computer numerical controlled (CNC) machinery that automatically punches, drills, broaches or reams metal parts. Makes adjustments to adhere to established specifications or to correct faulty programming and/or equipment performance. Makes general decisions as to quality, tolerances, and operation sequence. Makes adjustments to adhere to established product specifications. Monitors work to ensure that machine is not malfunctioning.
S heet Metal Fabricator / Press Operator Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to work from drawings and sketches, read and understand manuals/specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished products, sequence of operations and set up requirements.
- Responsible for inspecting quality of raw material for fabrication of component.
- Responsible for operation, proving programs, operating controls, setting all machine functions.
- Ability to calculate, blank sizes, bend locations, appropriate tonnage and tooling for each part being formed.
- Organize work area prior to equipment setup and before parts are processed.
Equipment and Operation
- Performs Equipment Setup
- Will follow facility and equipment safety practices during setup.
- Document tooling used.
- Verify machine settings accuracy and confirm accurate machine function tolerances.
- Detects equipment malfunctions or out of tolerance machining and adjusts machine within capabilities. Reports all machine malfunctions to Management.
- Machine Operations
- Completes and follows all required safety procedures during equipment operations.
- Able to motivate self during routine and repetitive machine tasks.
- Maintain part/component accuracy.
- Perform in process checks to maintain, and adhere to, all required tolerances and quality requirements.
- Maintain clean equipment during operations.
- Responsible for deburring and inspection of parts to assure conformance.
- Organizes work area after parts are processed
- Stacks completed parts properly on blocks or pallet to eliminate double handling and work efficiently.
- Performs safety checks and follows equipment safety procedures when completing part/component run.
- Communicates all production related items to Production Supervisor.
- Communicates with management, production control, quality and other shop personnel for assignments and to resolve machining or quality issues.
. Requirements: Sheet Metal Fabricator / Press Operator Additional Position Information/Details:
- Mechanically minded and willing to be cross-trained in a variety of Fabrication functions.
- Ability to use and read measuring instruments (i.e. Calipers, measuring tape, etc.)
- Able to read and interpret part drawings.
- Understanding of CAD/CAM technologies.
- Requires good math skills to understand and process complex work instructions
- Able to understand schematics
- Able to detect product issues, make correction, and build quality parts.
- Able to evaluate machine performance for peak efficiencies.
- Determine methods to increase output and fix errors.
- Keen attention to detail is required.
- Continuously keep a focus on part precision to avoid critical errors with components.
- Must be dependable, accurate, customer oriented, and possess a strong work ethic.
- Consistently puts forth exceptional effort, works efficiently and is able to keep up with assigned work load.
- Ability to motivate self and others to achieve the companys goals on safety, quality, productivity, and customer service.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills are required.
Sheet Metal Fabricator / Press Operator Education and Experience:
Education: HS Diploma or equivalent
- Five years-experience machine shop experience that includes programming.
- Forklift experience is required.