Solid Waste Compost and Transfer Station Gatekeeper
Part Time (20 to 29 hours with KPERS benefits)
Schedule: This is part-time position that will work at least 20-29 hours per week. This is a year-round position and eligible for KPERS retirement benefits. Scheduled work days are Monday, Friday and Saturday, 7:30am-4:00pm with a 30 minute meal period.
For more details, review the full job details and requirements below.
- Assist with weighing of all private trucks, vans, and cars entering the transfer station; weigh and log all city sanitation vehicles entering the transfer station; direct all vehicles to the proper dumping locations such as proper placement of tires, white goods, and recyclable metals.
- Assist staff with accepting daily cash and charge tickets; collect all cash, issue change & receipts; prepare a daily report of all transactions completed; operate scale computer & printer; prepare transfer station's daily cash deposits.
- Adhere to safe work practices by operations and maintenance personnel; ensure compliance of Federal, State and local laws, codes and regulations. Inform customers of the City of Olathe safety polices and overseeing safety concerns.
- Ensure that the operations and facilities associated with the division are in compliance with Federal, State and local codes, ordinances and regulations.
- Coordinate with office staff to ensure all customer service requests are resolved; respond to public inquiries in a courteous manner; provide information within the area of assignment; resolve complaints in an efficient and timely manner.
- Assisting with debris management of grounds and hardscapes areas.
- Establish and adhere to work standards to ensure alignment with City goals and missions.
- Other duties.
Experience and Education Guidelines Any combination of experience and education that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is acceptable. A typical way to obtain the knowledge, skills and abilities would be:
Experience : One year of experience desirable.
Education : Must be 18 years old and have a High School diploma or GED.
Licenses and Certificates : Possession of or ability to obtain a valid Driver's License.