Stormwater Maintenance Worker – Seasonal Position
This is a seasonal and non-benefitted position not to exceed six months of employment.
For more details, review the full job details and requirements below.
- Perform manual labor involving maintenance and repairs to storm drainage systems including pipe installation, concrete work, shovel work, spreading rock, loading or unloading trucks, transporting construction material, and cleaning drainage structures and ditches.
- Assist in the construction and maintenance of stream stabilization measures and traditional infrastructure repairs.
- Operate single axle dump trucks, snow removal equipment, mowing equipment, hand and power tools, and other mechanical equipment.
- Maintain native vegetation along stream ways and stormwater treatment facilities (planting, watering, weeding, herbicide application, and mowing).
- Adhere to all safety rules, practices and policies; develop and follow safe work habits; and alert supervisor to dangerous or unsafe conditions in the workplace or vehicle.
- Perform work in confined spaces.
- Perform on-call duties, snow removal, and other duties as required.
Experience and Education Guidelines: Any combination of experience and education that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is acceptable. A typical way to obtain the knowledge, skills and abilities would be:
Experience : One-year experience in construction, infrastructure maintenance, natural resource management, landscape maintenance, horticulture or a related field preferred. Applicant must be at least 18 years old.
Education : High School diploma/GED.
Licenses and Certificates : Possess a valid driver's license with a favorable driving record. Class B commercial driver's license with air brake endorsement must be obtained within six months of employment. Work Zone Safety Certification, flagging, confined space, shoring and snow fighter training must be obtained within one year of hire.
Supervised by : Stormwater Team Supervisor.
Supervises : N/A.