Part Time (up to 19 hours)
Starting Pay: $13.50 per hour
The City of Olathe is currently looking for enthusiastic Swim Instructors to be part of our programs at the Olathe Community Center and outdoor pools during the summer! Looking for week day mornings, Tuesday/Thursday evenings, and Saturday mornings.
For more details, review the full job details and requirements below.
The City of Olathe is looking to hire experienced swim instructors to help children and adults of all ages, gain confidence in the water, as well as, developing proper technique and form for all swimming strokes. We ask that applicants be comfortable with assisting students of all skill levels and any accommodations to encourage skill development and socialization.
- Able to adapt teaching methods to work with all age groups and students with varying swimming abilities.
- Assess the progress of students, provide feedback, and adjust teaching programs accordingly.
- Prepare lesson plans/layouts.
- Communicate with participants and parents to ensure they are aware of progress.
- Complete records and reports.
- Ensure all swim aids and equipment are in good working order.
- Monitor students to prevent accidents and injuries.
- Enforce all aquatic facility policies and procedures.
Experience: Teaching and/or knowledge of all swimming strokes. Must be at least 15 years old to be a Swim Instructor.
License & Certification(s):