Youth Sports Supervisor
The City of Olathe is seeking energetic individuals to supervise sports games at local Olathe School Gyms or City Parks.
Salary $14-$16/hr depending on experience.
For more details, review the full job details and requirements below.
- Assist in monitoring scheduled sport programs, follow-up to ensure opening and/or closing of designated facilities
- Learn the operations of the center (as required) as it relates to: Equipment and Facility systems.
- Ensure the officials, instructors, and coaches are available and report in a timely manner.
- Effectively communicate with program managers, specialists, and Parks & Recreation staff, patrons, players, and parents.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service.
- Follow basic supervision responsibilities:
- Monitor group and individual activities.
- Enforce safety rules.
- Interact with patrons as needed.
- Intervene when patrons are not adhering to guidelines and safety regulations.
- Prepare, set-up, and clean-up activities as needed.
- Receive the appropriate training if necessary: first aid and CPR.
Experience & Qualifications Guidelines: Any combination of experience and education that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is acceptable. A typical way to obtain the knowledge, skills and abilities would be:
Experience: Must be 18 years or older with a minimum of 1 year experience working with school age youth, recreation facility or programming.
Education: Requires a high school diploma or GED. Prefer some college education relating to recreations, fitness, sport programming, working with youth, teens and adults in a recreation environment.